View Single Post

944 vs late 70s camero

Last night I pull up behind a 70's camero at a light and all I can hear is the rumble of his engine. His rear window is filled with stickers like Edelbrock, Morosso, Comp Cams,etc. you get the idea, and a for sale sign. Right before the light turns green he starts revving his engine. We were both turning right onto a two lane road, the light turns green and surprisingly he doesn't speed off. Instead he starts driving excessively slow so that I will pass him and we can race. Obviously he doesn't know that I have a four cylinder, so I wait him out thinking he'll just forget about it, but nooo he has to slow down more and start revving again. So I pull into the passing lane in second gear around 4000rpm. As I start to pass him he floors it and I can hear his motor roar. I redlined and shifted to third and looked over, he wasn't there? I looked into the sideview mirror and realized he was about two car lengths behind me and I was pulling away. As we come to a slight bend, there is a car waiting to turn left in my lane so I get over in front of him and declare victory as we approach the light. I am assuming that he was taking someone on a test drive and probably said something like,"watch me dust this porsche" - sorry pal not today. I will admit that if we were starting from a stop he'd would have crushed me, but atleast he doesn't know that!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #1 (permalink)