View Single Post

Neven,

I have'nt looked at my pump closely enough to figure out how to set something up to act directly on the main rack. Are you thinking of splitting the pump in two and removing the whole governor section ?

As I said, trivial and code don't go together well in my vocabulary, so any help from you in that regard would be very welcome. I would love to make a contribution to your effort in return.

I understand that the 3.0 SC/RS race cars used some sort of Kugelfishcer pump with electronic controls on it. Do you have info on that ?

I've only recently gotten my engine to run fairly well, so I'm not too keen on taking the pump off to measure flows.

The other poosibility I have dreamed up is to get rid of the pump entirely and fabricate short individual runners to fit between the heads and the MFI throttle bodies. The runners would have provision for installing efi injectors as well as a small port used to measure intake air pressure.

I have made drawings for the runners and I have a small machine shop in my basement where I could fabricate them fairly easily. Actually, that could be my contribution, if you need a part or two fabricated, let me know.

In all cases, head temp would be measured through some of those small wire contraptions that are screwed under a spark plug.

Michel
Old 08-04-2004, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)