View Single Post

Neven,

You are right, I am surprised by the Futama servos. I'll look into them some more.

As far as MFI is concerned, the only advantage I can see that will remain if the whole governor section is removed will be the high pressure of injection. I must say I've always thought that was a bit overated as an advantage.

My guess is that if the factory used electronic/MFI injection on the early eighties SC/RS cars, it's because they were getting more power than was available with the then available K-jet or electronic systems. I believe the factory racing teams have now moved to all-electronic, which would mean that current electronic systems are better.

Still, it's certainly an interesting project, and I'm actively looking into it. My 2.2 E is in a 914, which means I have neither stock 911 intake or exhaust . . . and means that I can't expect the MFI to run perfectly well.

As I saidc, if you can help me with some of the code stuff, I'll be happy to machine some parts, if you need help in that area.

Cheers,

Michel
Old 08-04-2004, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)