View Single Post
I would rather be driving

Hey Brian,

I understand the reversion is an issue with cam timing and overlap. I am sure that at lower rpms this reversion will have a certain length that is rpm dependent. ie, the difference between the intake gas speed and the reversion speed. I just wondered if there was a height of the injector or tb that could take help control this process.

Exhaust systems are tuned to provide a scavange effect I didn't know if it could be done in reverse to help intake speed. I realize there is a large difference between mutliple gas streams recombining and individual gas streams for intake but wondered if there was an optimal intake length for a given gas speed. Does the intake need to be X cm long to allow for optimized flow? I realize its probably due more to diameter. Do you need laminar flow for optimal power, turbulent flow for gas mixing/ignition? I guess I am looking for more indepth analysis on this whole combustion engine flow process.

Come on Brian, You are getting a graduate degree in this discipline. Throw up some equations for us to model this. MathCad is waiting...
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 08-24-2004, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)