View Single Post

some pics of Fiberwerks nose/bumper and new paint job

My car is now all painted. There were some delays cause a large bug fell on the hood as it was drying so they had to repaint the hood. The right front fender required repainting also as a mark was made while paint was still wet. The car is still at the garage waiting for the driver's side mirror gasket (hurry up Pelican!) and a new catalytic converter. The car is still very dirty and dusty. The paint job is gleaming when clean.
Here are the pics:

I did the rear light treatment myself. IMO, taillights look better w/o the amber. I plan on leaving the rearend badgeless.

Nothing is wrong with the hood. It's just popped up. I got a new silver Porsche shield to install once I get it back. As you can see, I got clear turn signal lenses but they are not a perfect fit. They stick out on top. Turns out that the clear turn signal lenses are euro spec. I was gonna match the turn signal lenses with clear sidemarkers but since the turn signals don't fit properly, I am gonna go with the stock amber setup. The sidemarker lights do stick out a bit. A flaw in design if you ask me but it is tolerable. I plan on filling the large openings on the fiberwerks nose with some black mesh.

For those of you who have Evo I Fiberwerks nose, you will notice that the Evo II nose has a deeper lower edge and protrudes into the wheel well more. I think it does look better and the aerodynamics are supposed to be improved (according to Fiberwerks) but I am having a little difficulty with wheel clearance. As you can see, my tire is dangerously close to the new nose and does rub when turning sharply. I am gonna Dremel some of the edge off hopefully solving the problem.

All in all, I am very happy with the new look of my car. Though I love the lines of the 944, I was never satisfied with US spec NA bumpers. It always seemed like it was an afterthought. (And if you look at the Euro spec NA bumper and the Turbo bumper, I think you would agree!) I personally love the look of my new front and rear end. I'm surely gonna enjoy washing it for the first time once I get it back! I will post before and after pics when the car is finally fully completed.

944 Turbo 5-spd, Black, 1987-present
70k miles

Last edited by dj_yen; 08-31-2004 at 10:58 AM..
Old 08-31-2004, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)