View Single Post
Dave at Pelican Parts Dave at Pelican Parts is offline
Dave at Pelican Parts's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Silly-Con Valley
Posts: 14,206
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Pelican Parts

Getting the shift linkage means all of the stuff up to and including the gear shift lever. If you really like your old gear shift knob, you can use that--but the rest of it has to change.

The motor mount bar, the brackets that hold that bar onto the body, the rubber mounts in the middle, and the brackets that hold those mounts onto the engine. Get those from the donor car as well. If you use early outboard mounts, the drivetrain will sag and the linkage will not clear the hole in the motor mount bar.

Get the "converter" bushing for the hole in the firewall.

I believe that's it.

Pelican Parts 914 Tech Support

A few pics of my car:
Old 11-09-2001, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)