View Single Post
GAFB

The motor will be re-debuting in a few months with a fairly thorough detailing to go with the freshly painted tub. I hope to debut pics soon...

As an update or epilogue on this motor:
This motor has run great, but has been rather leaky. Tracked one leak down to a pinched thermostat o-ring which was making the the flywheel seal look guilty. That helped a lot. Still some oil dripping on the heat exchanger from somewhere though, which wasn't cool. Then, misc. wetness on valve covers.

The motor has been yanked from the car for the repaint and continued restoration after logging a couple thousand miles. Upon inspection, the MFI cam seal is dry, the flywheel seal is dry, and nose seal is dry. All good news!! Yet to be inspected are: oil cooler, oil return tubes, rocker shafts, and various case joints & misc. One definite leak is at the right bank cam tower adapter - the sealing ring is crushed. Too much torque - I will be torquing these 'by feel' from now on and tightening a bit if they leak.

Anyway Cassidy good luck on the rebuild - definitely check out my site for some good newbie rebuild advice.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)