Thread: Motormeister
View Single Post

I have no knowledge or experience with Motormeister. But, I want to offer a dissenting opinion.

I believe that the cost of rebuilding an engine could be done for $4000 if everything was fine and you just wanted to do the basics. If you created a factory line approach to it, hired cheaper labor with an expert overseeing the operation, I believe that it could be done. As long as you test it on a bench/stand and inspect.

However, I donít ever believe that an engine can be rebuilt without many things being replaced. You have to remember, these engines have at least 20+ years on them at this point. There are many things that are going to be wrong with them besides just the core including vacuum lines, fuel lines, electrical wires, ancillary parts, etc.

And my guess is that Motormeister would say the same. I imagine that their base cost is if everything is fine. However, as soon as they start tearing apart the engine, your bill is going to add up. In the end, you might save some money, but the shipping will probably make it break even at best.

Iíve never seen someone from Motormeister on the forum however I would love to hear his or her input.

Michael
1982 SC Targa (Sold)
Old 09-19-2004, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)