Thread: What is this?
View Single Post
Jim Sims Jim Sims is offline
Registered User
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Los Alamos, NM, USA
Posts: 6,044
It is the drain line from the bottom of the air box or air cleaner. It allows whatever ends up in the bottom of these housings (usually oil from overfilling the oil tank) to be drained to the ground instead of being dumped onto the top of the engine. The rubber duck bill like bottom piece on the vertical plastic tube acts like a one way valve. Replacement parts are still available. Jim
Old 09-20-2004, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)