View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Tim Walsh
Do a search, you'll find lots info on 2.4T's. I went with JE's @ 10:1 and E cams.

You should be able to get half a point from shaving the heads, but it's not an elagent way to do it. Do a search for tyson schmit(sp?) and dtw, both have done it sucessfully.

If the butterflys are ok (ussually not) then you can get away with just enlarging them, otherwise it will take a full rebuild at eurometrix.

The space cam is replaceable, but I've never heard of anyone actually replacing their own spacecam. Most just rebuild the pump and have the cam redone at the same time. I bought a used E pump and sold off my T.

Heads. All 72-77 heads had the same valve sizes. (40e and 46i I think) but the ports varied. T motors ussually had 29mm intake ports, E's had 32 and S's had 36's.

Frankly, it's more of an all or nothing kinda thing. If you change your cams, then you have to change your pistons somehow or you won't get enough clearance for your pistons. If you do that then you need to get enough air into the motor, requiring larger ports,t-bodies and stacks.

One option is to increase your compression with new pistons and leave everything else alone.
"Dave, hit the brakes, but don't look like your htting the brakes...what? I DON'T KNOW, BRAKE CASUAL!!!" dtw's thoughts after nearly rear ending a SHP officer

Last edited by Tim Walsh; 09-30-2004 at 07:21 PM..
Old 09-30-2004, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)