View Single Post
Warren Hall Student

Garage
First off, what do you plan to do with the car. Is it for the street or for the track?

If it's for the street I wouldn't touch the induction. Increasing the ports will make the car a dog on the streets. Just about the time you get to the power it will be time to shift. Even the cams would be better left as is IMO. Just bump up the CR to 9.8:1 with a set of pistons and an already great motor (the 2.4T in my opinion) will be even better. If you want to increase the cc's by boring the cylinders out and installing some larger JE's (85mm or 86mm) to have a 2.5T motor all the merrier.

If the car is for street and occaisional track then do the same mods as above but add a Solex or E cam and port accordingly if budget allows.

If the car is a track car then by all means. Change the induction and ports but forget about trying to make T stacks work. You have to go to with S stacks and ports. The displacement size will be governed by what class you want to race in.

I just rebuilt my 2.4T stock and I love it for the street. I just removed the 2.7S CIS motor (36mm ports) that was in the car temporarily and it didn't feel that much stronger than the 2.4T MFI although the numbers would show different. Had the motor been a 2.7CIS normal with (32mm ports) I'm sure it would have felt a lot stronger on the street.

Just my 2cents...

Warren Hall 1950 - 2008
_____"Early_S_Man"_____
Old 10-01-2004, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)