View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

You have a KKK flange on your headers, so in case you plan on replacing it, a Garrett will not fit. For the motor you are building, the HP you want to make and you seem to be staying with CIS, the K27 7200HF is probably your best choice. Your biggest concern should be how you are going to feed that 3.4L motor enough fuel to maintain 12.2:1 AFR. A stock Euro fuel head might supply enough fuel, but the stock WUR will not deliver. You WILL be running 14.0:1 AFR which will melt that motor in a short amount of time.

The other issue is the IC. Is it big enough to pull the heat out of the charge to reduce the possibility of detonation? What kind of cubic feet will it flow? Big turbos flow a lot of air and since you will tracking the car, you will be blowing a lot of hot air thereby increasing cylinder temps and EGT's.

I am going through the same process as you, however I am going to EFI. I will install 8.0:1 pistons, 3.4L cylinders, stock rods, hybrid 964 cams (higher lift/duration), 3.2L manifold, crank fire ignition, Kokeln IC, custom equal length headers with dual wastegate dump pipes and garrett T61 .71AR turbo. This will replace a CIS motor with a HF turbo that produced a reliable 410rwhp at 1.0 bar. I chose the T61 with a .71 AR because it had the best map for what I wanted - good efficiency to help the Kokeln IC (which flows +900cfm). The T61 will flow 52lbs at 1 bar around 74% efficiency.

If you are interested, there is a turbo calculator available on the web that can help you decide based on numbers. The HF is good to 550 hp and will bolt right up to your headers. More importantly, it was designed for a CIS system and is proven to 450rwhp with similar mods.

Good luck.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)