View Single Post

Done,
My experience racing motorcycles has been that lap times are reduced exiting corners. This is where the application of power and rubber are critical. I guess I would consider the same issues if I was building a race car. Whatever RPM range your in during a corner exit is important for the proper application of power on an exit. But also, goobs of power are not necessarily good if you can not get it to the ground. In racing motorcycles the saying is sometimes less is more. So, I would consider what the absolute limit of torque your wheels and chasis could could hold on corner exits and build an engine to support that with a little to spare. If that requires compound turbos that would be fine, if not then go single. Races are won and lost on corne exits in otorcycle racing. If you get that nailed everything else usually takes care of itself.

Keep in mind I know nothing about Porsches. I just took delivery of my first 1977 911S this week, found this web sit, and here I am.

Last edited by Bietendorf; 10-08-2004 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-08-2004, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)