View Single Post
Doesn't want/need a 3.6L

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Porschekid962
Slightly OT, but is the only difference between the 3.4 and the 3.2 from a 3.0 the use of the 3.2 74mm crank?

I checked Andial's page for the P&C set but they dont list prices, maybe it scares ppl off haha.
I don't think it is O/T, but yes the only differences to make 3.4L out of 3.0L are the longer stroke Carrera crank and connecting rods. If you are using the Carrera crank and rods, you will have to make sure you get the 98mm pistons with 23mm pins rather then the 3.0>3.2 set that uses the 22mm pins with stock SC rods. Or, use the 98mm pistons with the 22mm pin and use an aftermarket connecting rod such as Carrillo or Pauter. Confused? I almost am writing this.

Mahle uses the exact same 98mm cylinder whether the piston inside has 22mm pin or 23mm pin diameter and that includes the turbo applications as well. You can go all the way to 3.7L with the 3.0L case, it all depends on how much money you want to spend.

What's the old saying? If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it. Don't laugh, I bet people fall over backwards when they hear how much these sets can cost. Maybe they don't want people calling them up and saying there must be a mistake on the pricing? There really can't be that many digits to the left of the decimal point, right?

Ralph

2008 Cayman S (coming soon)
Old 10-16-2004, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)