View Single Post
Licensed User

About 6 months ago I called Henry about an engine rebuild. It was at the beginning of lunch hour on a Friday. He basically dropped his lunch and either provided and answer or gave advice for every question I asked.

Having read both Wayne and BA's book a few times before talking to Henry, I had a pretty good idea of what a DIY rebuild was going to cost me if I didnít make any mistakes. Henry's estimate was more than fair (it was actually really close to the cost I had added up for DIY) and included a warranty and a 30 day turnaround. Before I hung up the phone, I basically promised to put the engine on a pallet and send it to him.

Shortly after that conversation, I decided that there was no way I could swing the cost of a full rebuild within a 30 day period. Against the advice of (and basically a verbal commitment to) Henry, I proceeded to tear the motor down myself and start my own DIY rebuild. Iíve been sending bits and pieces of the engine off for reconditioning, trying to spread the cost of the full rebuild over a broader time frame. Naturally, Iíve run into issues and posted questions on this board. Every time I have posted a question here about this engine, Henry has contributed and continued to help me out.

Take some time to read through Henry's old posts the next time you have an engine question. I bet you find a free answer in them.

Thanks again, Henry. Hopefully you will keep hanging out here. I know I need all the help I can get
Old 10-19-2004, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    #34 (permalink)