View Single Post

When Juan says exhaust inserts this is not something to add backpressure. This insert actually increases the flow dramatically. How do I know? I have the inserts on my heads. The port work on Juans heads is out of this world. Juan as you know I had a nitrous/co2 cooler on my car. Nitrous drops the temps more than co2. The nitrous will actually freeze up on the intercooler. Just like when you run nitrous under a carb the plate will have ice under it. It is very expensive to run the nitrous on it. Bottom line is if your cooler is not very hot to the touch and the turbo is in its efficiency range you will gain very little on a drag car. A road race car can hit this to eliminate the heat soak, but we are only hitting it for a few seconds so this is minimal. The best way to reduce intake charge temps is water methanol injection. I have this for my car, and you can check it out if you like. As for the twin plug deal the 935's did not have the fuel injection and ignitions that are available today. The twinplug was used as a band aid for this. If a small block ford can make 2600hp with a single plug why do we need twin plug so badly at 400hp? You are not running a dome piston. I say crank up the boost and make sure the fuel is there so they can meet in the middle and work things out Job's 88 930 he tunes is still running 30 pounds of boost with a stock long block no head gaskets and never opened! It is in the tune. Keep pushing Juan I respect you a ton for this!

Eric Hood
Old 11-04-2004, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)