View Single Post

2.4 "T" Performance Potential

I'm just kind of daydreaming here (slow day at work), so I was wondering what can reasonably be extracted from a street going 2.4 T engine. I have a '72 T that I picked up earlier this year that has a very strong running, recently rebuilt, all original engine. It still has MFI, which is well tuned and runs quite well. It seems like higher compression through the use of 2.2 "S" pistons and more aggressive cam timing from some "E" cams are popular improvements on these engines. How much of an increase in power are these changes worth? Can I run higher compression than the "S" pistons without twin plugging? How high could I go if I were willing to twin plug, and would that provide a worthwhile increase over the "S" pistons? Do the iron cylinders present some kind of limit related to their ability to dissipate heat? Maybe a better, more all-inclusive question would be just what is possible without changing any of the major castings?
'93 Ducati 900 Super Sport
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 11-05-2004, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)