View Single Post

Engine back in, but need help with newbie mistakes

Two weeks ago, when I thought I was ready to put the engine back in the car, I discovered that the previous owner had stripped 3 out of 4 of the transmission cross-mount studs. Yesterday I picked up the transmission from Motorworks in San Diego and today, with the help of a neighbor, I got the engine back in the car. Iím embarrassed to say that itís taken me a year to get this far (I bought the car from a guy who blew the engine and then let is sit in his driveway for three years). However, after the excitement of torquing the engine mounts, I realized that I had made several newbie mistakes (see pictures below):

1. I broke a connection tab off the CIS unit. Does anyone know if I can replace or solder the connection, or do I have to replace the entire unit?
2. The oil breather hose in the picture below is crumbling around the lip and definitely has to be replaced (I though I could get by with it . . .). Do I have to remove the CIS unit to access the breather vent on the engine?
3. I forgot to tighten a large nut on the oil line, which is just underneath one of the head exchangers. It looks like I have to take the heat exchanger off to reach the nut. Is that correct?

4. Finally, the electrical harness doesnít reach plug connection. Do I have to take the shroud off to find some extra slack?

I havenít looked yet, but I assume that I can get the breather hose and CIS part (if I need it) from Pelican.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Every time I think Iím close, I create more work for myself.

Charley
Old 11-07-2004, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)