View Single Post

Garage
A few thoughts

Dane,

I've been tracking your progress. Great stuff, I've appreciated your motives and thought process you have provided throughout the whole build.

You have built the engine I want to build. Unfortunately mine has been delayed for a few years until I can get back to my NoVA house where I have some room to work.

I've been researching EFI systems (TWM's etc.) vs. carbs. Haven't found much information that points to a clear advantage of EFI over carbs other than the option to tune to multiple configurations/environments. In your case if you were considering dual plug, change of cams... in the future, it appears an EFI system would provide the best long term approach. On the other hand, if you don't think you will invest much more in this build, carbs would appear to be the answer.

Can't speak to the carb option vs. the cam you are using. I'm sure other's will chime in.

The way I see it you could pick up a good set of Weber's for around $1,200. Drive it for a while and if it's not the solution you were looking for go to EFI and put the carbs back out for sale with little or nothing lost.

Gordo
Old 11-08-2004, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)