View Single Post
Try not, Do or Do not

Garage
1. I have Alusil cylinders should I leave the pistons in and not re-ring? that is what I am leaning towards
If they look good, leave them alone.
2. oil pressure relief pistons do I have the old style and you only use the new style with the block recut for the new style 1983 sc It is a good idea to replace the old valves and springs with new ones. This allows you to clean out the passages and insure the correct ones are installed. No case work is required
3. the engine has 85K miles should I change rod bolts? LEAVE THE BOTTOM END ALONE
4. since I am changing cams (web cam) do I need to refurb the rocker arms they look good New cams deserve new or refurbished rocker. We now provide this service. PS: I would use cams from "camgrinder". He knows of what he speaks and he has a top quality product.
5. since I am removing the o2 sensor is there anything else I should do ( installing ssi and dual in dual out) to the injection system ThE frequency valve must be removed and the lines plugged. Next the warmup regulator has to be exchanged for an 033.
Email: supertec1@earthlink.net

Last edited by Henry Schmidt; 11-17-2004 at 12:17 PM..
Old 11-17-2004, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)