View Single Post

One thing I don't understand that many have stated, is the issue of flat spotted tires. I've been storing my 911 and my old 300ZX before that, for the last 15 winters. Sure the tires will slightly flat spot, but they always workout in a couple miles. What is the big deal? If you really want to feel flat spots, try parking for a couple weeks on DOT R race tires that were hot when you parked. But these too worked out in a couple miles.

I also do most of what is stated above (Full tank of fuel, fresh oil, disconnect battery, Fuel stabilizer and car cover), but I do take my car out and drive it for an hour on nice sunny days when a lot of the salt has been washed off of the roads. This usually works out to be about once a month.
1980 Porsche 911SC w/ -22mm/28mm Torsion Bars | Custom Valved Bilsteins | 22mm/21mm Carrera Sway Bars | Elephant Poly/Bronze Bushings | Carrera Brakes | AJ-USA Brake Cooling | Carrera Oil Cooler w/ Fan | Elephant Strut Brace | Oh, and no ABS or PSM or A/C
Old 12-09-2004, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)