Thread: starting woes
View Single Post

Unhappy starting woes

I have a problem and I was wondering if any of you have any insight to offer.

1974 1.8l Fuel Injected (stock)

So a while ago I was driving the car and it didn't start up like it normally did...it had to turn over a few extra times and I didn't make much of it. I drove off and came to a stop on a hill. I started off, but the car stalled. I didn't stall it with sloppy clutch-work or anything, but the car just lost all power and stalled. It would not go and soon after failed to start. (I didn't try to start it so much that I killed the starter - the car didn't have gas or spark or compression, I don't know which one).

So after that I towed it back home (I wasn't half a mile from my house). It didn't start so I checked all the vacuum hoses, made their connections extra tight and it started and ran OK. I got a new fuel filter for it and put it on and it ran OK for about a day.

And now it just won't start. I haven't tried to do anything with it since summer (when it started giving me trouble) and now it's cold in Wisconsin. My friend's dad believes it's something with the fuel injection system. If anyone out there can offer me any insight as to what might be wrong or where I should start looking, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)