View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 350HP930
The intake choke is easy to remove with a mill. The dremmel is just for fine tuning.

My plan is to reuse all of the motor with the exception of cams, induction, exhaust and ignition.

Porting and a compression bump will be my only internal engine mods.

I got more time than money right now so hacking up my 930 heads and making them a personal work of art works better for me than swapping them for carrera heads.
Whooa, hold it there. It's not so trivial.

Just making oval hole bigger is easy, but port-matching the injector notch isn't.

Take a look:

930 head in pic #1 has material to be removed outlined by green color. Removing the material to make hole isn't hard, but 930 head has less material between lower stud and "injector notch" (take a look at small inserted pic of Carrera head).

This means that you will need to do some fill-in with epoxy (like on pic #2, to the right of red area) to make good flange seal (in case you do a full poprt-job on the notch) or keep the notch little smaller, which will disturb injector spray-pattern once Carrera intake is bolted-on.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)