View Single Post
OCD project capitan

Garage
Thats good insite JmuRiz, it'll be interesting to see if that happens.

Matt, WRC is no slouch either. I don't know if its right or not, but i recall reading the WRC teams spend more money on WRC than any other sport. Now this wouldn't strick me as possible with the likes of Ferrari, and I think Toyota has now gained the lead in top spenders. But, you take into accound how many fans pay to see F1, thats a lot of capital there. WRC... show up with a lawn chair and your favorite brew, not to mention each car has to have a helicopter chaissing it on the stages.

Cart, IRL, F1 are not endurance. But then again, it depends on your definition of endurance: a 3litre motor spining at 18,000RPM for 1.5 hours could be considered endurance. But here, the time factor is what we look for. Sprints were never big parts of Porsches claim to fame. Hill climes, rallies, enduros, thats the stuff Porsche is made of. And don't forget Audi took over the Group B scene in rally during the eightes with the quattro... then that was banned...mainly for safety reasons. Everyone has had their fair share being banned for seaking the loopholes in the rules. It just seems to be those few companies that always get targeted because they are so much more innovative than the others.

Last edited by BigD9146gt; 12-15-2004 at 08:23 AM..
Old 12-15-2004, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)