View Single Post
Nobody

Garage
need help in buying 2.7S longblock 6340303

hey guys - i need some help in buying this engine. i have asked all the questions i could think of and the seller has provided even more answers to questions that i didn't think to ask. he has been very stand up guy and i have appreciated his patience and honesty with me in moving forward with this deal.

the longblock that i am going to buy is "somebody's finished project". it is a recently rebuilt 74 2.7S ,175 HP, longblock with approx 5K miles. the engine was rebuilt to CIS specs. it had all the appropriate updates as a complete engine except for the turbo valve covers (which i have) and the price is right. i will be using my 40 IDA webers.

my questions:

1 can anyone please confirm the serial number 6340303 (901.101.101.7R)?
2 leakdown test on cold engine less than 15% on all cylinders, acceptable?
3 one of the heads has a chipped off guide tube from when the new guides were pressed in(common occurance), problem?

4 magnet test done to confirm steel studs, what brand would these be?

again - i feel good about the transaction, i am just seeking a few answers from folks that are much more knowledgeable than myself, which isn't saying much .

thanks for your help in advance.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)