View Single Post

Garage
Henry;
The only reason that I was recommending that he consider aftermarket valve springs is because he's running a GE40 camshaft which has more lift and less duration then a factory S camshaft -- which suggests faster accelerations. I understand that the factory used stock springs with their S or 906 cams at least through the 2.8 race engines. My concern was that the GE series of camshafts tend to have higher valve accelerations then the factory camshafts and thus if you wanted to rev it safely up to 7500 RPM it would be a good idea to go with the stronger springs.

As far as your redline, I guess I'd see how the torque and power curve looks on the dyno. Ideally you want your red-line to be at the point where further rev's will result in less torque then if you shifted to the next gear (assuming that the engine doesn't have any rev-limiting factors like valve float or rod bolts.)

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman

Last edited by jluetjen; 12-21-2004 at 10:34 AM..
Old 12-21-2004, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)