View Single Post
Work in Progress

Garage
Well guys I decided to and exicuted the case split today. I've never seen the inside of an engine before pretty awesome. That said, I don't know what is supposed to be going on in there. I have what look like gouges from a single scrape of a screw or something in several places, and a couple small cracks on the inside of the case. The cracks don't go deep but you can feel and see them. What worried me the most is that there was about a dozen metal remanents at the bottom of the case near the oil pump screen. They look like what used to be on the case before those gouges took place. Is this normal and how could it have happened. I haven't seen anything that could presently do this damage. I have never forcfully turned the engine to the point were I think I could have done this damage. Right now my mind is spinning in 5th gear expecting the worst. It would make a good paper weight even in a hurricane though. I will try to post some photos tommorrow. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks and Happy Holidays
Rich

P.S. Clancy's books bring a couple hours of enjoyment, your books bring a lifetime supply. No competition!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)