View Single Post

I'm using Chuck's low friction A arm mounting kit to ensure collinear movement of the A arm. The kit contains a self-centering washer "system", and a new rear A arm mount. Here is the Elephant Racing mount compared to the factory original.

Off go the polyurethane bushings, followed by some clean-up of the existing pieces. (btw, the existing polyurethane bushings are actually in great condition if anybody wants them) The polybronze bearings are a two piece setup. First you install the race on the A arm, and secondly you press the bearing into the A arm mounts. In order to get a snug fit, there are several different size shims provided with the kit. It took a bit of trial and error to choose the correct shim(s) and a lot of "twisting", but I have both races very snugly fit onto the A arm.

Rear A arm mount with the polybronze bearing started.

Finally, the bearing is pressed into place using a vise (that's what I used, anyway!).

Yeehaw, everything is now ready for re-installation! I only had time to mount the A arm back in place. When I get more time I will install the RSR struts, the ERP bump steer kit, a new rotor, and the caliper. Oh, and then I'll do the other side . I'm still waiting for my rear torsion bars to arrive (they are back-ordered), and then stage 2 will begin!

Old 01-02-2005, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)