View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Saintly
I also like the DIY nature of the rebuild rather than the "i gave them $$$ and i got my car back in a month" type of process.
LOL, why thank you.

Even if I had more money to throw at my project I would still prefer to do everything myself. Part of it is the satisfaction of being able to produce my own automotive magnum opus and the other is that it would be hard to find someone else who could put the same level of workmanship into such a project for $$$.

When I started my project and this thread I was a recently laid off engineer who was more concerned with paying my bills than getting this all done but I knew in my heart that I would eventually prevail. In addition to my employment woes I also had to deal with a divorce and defaulting on some debts. I am happy that is all now behind me and I am to the point where I am nearing the end of this phase of my porsche project. Its a nice change I must admit.

Even though my skills were a little rusty after not working as an automotive machinist and tech for almost a decade fate was certainly on my side when I landed a job at one of the best automotive machine shops in the southeast. Talk about a godsend for this kind of project.

Depending on the size of my tax refund I might actually have enough money to wrap things up soon. Once I get all my W2s I will know more for sure. My spread sheet says I am about $4K away from completion and I currenly have about $2K in the bank.

I will just cross my fingers and do my best to keep my PP bretheren updated on my trials and tribulations.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)