View Single Post
Doesn't want/need a 3.6L

Garage
George,

964 cams or 20/21 cams will pass emission tests in CA no problem. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. This would be a good time to have them installed. No need to port the heads, they flow fine for over 300 horsepower. I didn't port them for my 3.5L either.

SSI's or headers will not pass the CA visual and probably not pass the actual dyno test either. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty every two years....either is better then the stock exhaust but more bang for the buck would be simply removing the cat in favor of a euro premuffler. Will almost make as much power as SSI's will, but much cheaper to do and easier to swap over every 2 years.

Extrude Honing the intake plenums is expensive for what you gain(relatively speaking), but it might be worth doing at this time since the top end will be apart anyway.

No need to twin-plug unless you increase the piston/cylinder bore diameter or are increasing the compression. Since neither appears to be the case here, save the money.

If the mechanic is just doing the top end (i.e. heads), he probably won't remove the cylinders, but if so then do upgrade the rod bolts to ARP units. Those can be changed without splitting the case as someone else mentioned.

Is Ollie's going to be doing the machine work?

Ralph

2008 Cayman S (coming soon)
Old 01-07-2005, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)