View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Groovy911SC
Here are a few pictures of "early on" in the project...

Look at the crank shaft below... beautiful right?? Wrong... the local machine shop ground the crank for me at .25mm. When I sent the unit out to EBS Racing for re hardening and polishing it seems that the grind was so bad it could not be polished back to spec!!! Lesson learned... if they haven't done the work before, don't be the the guinea pig!!! Experience is worth every penny. Now, what to do with the ruined crank... door stop? I had to source a standard/standard crank, Not a cheap proposition!

Look at that Kick Azzzzz oil pump!!! Came out of a 14000 mile 993! Bench tested at EBS

Intermediate shaft re-conditioned, all new gears, new nose bearings and seals, new timing chains. I do however feel like I made a mistake in purchasing the chain and rod holders. They were very expensive. I could have made them easy enough. Oh well, more lessons learned.

Notice the new steel cylinder studs. They ROCK!!! However, the old ones were a pain to remove. I'll eat some poison before I do that again!!!

Notice the pertty orange line!

The engine was fitted out with JE Pistons from Pelican (circlips sucked), 9.5-1 comp, re-plated Mahle cylinders (EBS Racing), Cylinder heads have new springs, new intake and exhaust valves reground to stock by Memphis Motor Werks. The connecting rods used stock bolts etc and were re conditioned by EBS Racing. Cam shafts were brought back to stock by Elgin cams. Rockers were reconditioned by Competition Engineering - very nice guy! All hardware and other new parts from Pelican ( I spent a butt load with Pelican, worth every penny). I changed the rubber gaskets on the intake manifolds and a gasket on the air intake unit?? I did not do too much on CIS, which may be a mistake later on. New Vacume hoses everywhere I could. I had the front mounted and engine mounted oil coolers ultrasonicly cleaned and replated at Pacific Oil Cooler. Engine tins bead blasted and repainted. That is it for now. I'll try to located more pics.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)