View Single Post
Now in 993 land ...

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by bigrubberjeep
Are you serious George? Is it realy that easy to rebuild a 3.2 motor? I keep thinking I could do it, but then what if?
I don't know, for this time it may be too late, but seriously, what would you have to loose? Worst case scenario? If you really mess up and it blows up in a plume of smoke, you can still sell the core and then just go get another 3.2. Cost would be similar to what you pay now.

I would not recommend that you start out with top end work as your first project, if you never worked on your car. However, if you work your way up the wrenching ladder slowly, it should be no problem at all. I have convinced more than one of my buddies to do more on their 911 themselves. So far none of them was too "stupid" to do a good job. With Waynes book and this board and enough patience, you can do anything. I was under the impression from earlier threads, that you work on the 911 and more so on other vehicles? If you have touched any engine, converting to the 3.2 would only be a matter of carefully reading the manual.

George
Old 01-22-2005, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)