View Single Post

Garage
eroded oil pump

Oh my god! I opened the case and found out what started all the damage - the water. Look at the pictures below and you can see a distinct water line below the crank (whew), but coving the oil pump. The oil pump eroded (its shocking that the pump still moved oil and had some pressure) and one of its alignment studs traveled around the engine meeting up between the crank and the bottom of cylinders 3 and 6. Also, water entered cylinder 1 eroding the lining a little bit (dropping the compression only about 15% compared to the other 5 cylinders). The case looks good by my eye, so it is off the machine shop that Kelly-Moss Racing uses (its in competent hands). She'll get all new bearings and seals and the whole works!

I found an oil pump, but I need some cylinders. Mine are the newer style with the gasket groove at the head surface and are stamped 95ZN6. Does anyone have any lying around or know where I can get some new or good used? Does anyone know what other cylinder revision numbers are compatible (I found some 100ZN8ís on eBay)?

Thanks as always!

Old 02-02-2005, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)