View Single Post
Banned

A good CFD program would be very nice, especially if it can be had for next to nothing. This should be possible. I was an independant consultant, purchased a top of the line Agelent tech. Microwave simulation program, now selling for about $110K plus. Once I retired I could not give it away. There must be the same sort of thing available on the CFD market.

I have to add this info somewhere so here it is. On the Caddy Northstar engine (1999) I am rebuilding. The piston rings are very very thin as they should be. The valves have half the sealing surface width the old engines had, eg about 0.025" on intakes and 0.030" on exhaust. The valve margins are next to nothing ie 1/10 what they were. The piston clearence is almost nothing at 0.001", the weight balance is all withing one gram. The head flows will support twice the advertized HP without any porting, ie just change out the cams. That means over 500HP with just a cam change. ( of course carbs or injectors must be compatible with the extra power). That folks is out of a 4.6L v8. The most amazing thing is that its all aluiminum, therefore very light. That means it can power A PORSCHE!!! I am opposed to 350 conversions to a Porsche, but this Caddy engine, being light enough and powerfull enough,is an other matter. I am seriously thinking about it.

Last edited by snowman; 02-02-2005 at 09:21 PM..
Old 02-02-2005, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)