View Single Post

The problem with a more aggresive cam profile in a smog repressive state such as California [this is coming to your state, too] is that they measure a few things beside hydrocarbons. If I am correct, the one [emission] that is adversly effected by an aggressive cam profile is what is reffered to as nox. High compression can be identified by a certain emission, too. Fellas, you have no idea [if you don't live in California] how difficult it is to make sure you don't cross the line. If my toe crosses any one of the states' lines, I get to take my engine apart and correct it. As stated in an earlier post, the owners manual [for an '89 3.2] states that the hydrocarbon measurement should be below 330. The state requires that number to be 120 or less, but out of the other side of their mouth state that my car has to meet original manufacturers' specs. Whichever of their rules is more stringent is the one that takes precedence. So yes, I am very paranoid because when the engine starts to wear, how close to the line I originally built it, it will be much closer, if not over that line in any one of many measurements.
Maybe we all will be taking government transportation someday.......
Drums
Old 02-05-2005, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)