View Single Post

Garage
Porsche Crest Finished dyeing the second seat.

I'm basically waiting now for it to dry so I can reassemble. I have edited the writeup to include additional items that may help. Sorry for the length of the writeup; tried to cover small things that could ruin the work.

Don, you asked for some interim photos during the process.

This photo shows the seat back disassembled from the bottom allowing access between the two sections.

This shows the relative size of the brushes I used and also the piece of covered PVC I shove down between the bolster and seat bottom. I've pulled it up for this photo. If you don't have sport seats, you don't need this item.

This step shows where I've used the artist brush and 1" brush to dye around the edges and piping. This is also known as the "What the hell am I doing step".

This photo shows the seat bottom with its first coat and the back with it's initial thin coat. You can see on the side bolster that the old color still shows through the coat. Not to worry, move on to the next section, and go back over the exposed section with more thin coats until the old color disappears.

This last photo shows what the seat looks like after the first coat but just before the second coat with the airbrush. See this link for the airbrush sprayer I used.

Shoulda bought one years ago.

Just for closure, I'll post one final photo of both seats completed after I reassemble the second one next week.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)