View Single Post
Leland Pate

I have a picture of my SC on the pad for a tech inspection for the hill climb I did a month or so ago. Sitting next to my car is a red 996. I think my car is so much better looking than that water cooled turncoat. Aside from the 18" rims, it looks like every other Lexus/Acura type sports car I see. One of the most special aspects about 911s, in my mind, is that the basic design stayed relatively unmolested for thirty years. These new cars totally lack the charisma that has attracted so many people to them in the past. I'm not saying that the thing isn't fast...I'm sure it is but that isn't the point. This Sport Ute thing is one more step in the wrong direction.
I wonder if Porsche makes it's money off of the people that would buy this SUV (I'm refering to status owners) and keep their reputation off of the type of people that frequent this board...true enthusiasts...people who truely love these little german cars and in their own way have contributed a little to the overall sucess of the 911. My mother would never ever understand how I can get so emotional about a car, and I myself don't really have a good reason, ...but I do.
Who knows, it dosen't matter...I seriously doubt that Porsche is going to can a 500 mil. dollar project just because it upsets the small croud of "OPG's" (Original Porsche Gangsters)
I am just as upset by it as the rest of you though.

Lets all try to be supportive and we will make it through these dark times

------------------
Leland Pate

___79 SC Targa

[This message has been edited by Leland Pate (edited 07-06-2000).]
Old 07-06-2000, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)