View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Oldporsche
Cool

I started a similar thread over on the big 911 board.

My thoughts were these:
1. The second distributor doesn't have to be a Bosch one. It only has to have the same distributor curve. One could use the toothed belt drive of a MFI fuel pump. It's a one to one rotation with the chamshaft.
2. You could use a pertronix unit in the original distributor and split the output. If you didn't want to use the distributor advance, you could use an msd ignition curve unit. and split its output to a couple of coils or msd units. (You can find them on note boards at your local hod rod shops)

I think that this could be done way cheaper than $1500. In fact you would not even have to use the MFI drive, just mount two small cog drive belt pullys, one on the end of the cam (using the mfi seal set up), the other on the end of the distributor and use the compatable drive belt.

As a matter of fact, I think CIS equipped cars use a mount in this position to hold a belcrank for the throttle linkage.

Any thoughts?

David Duffield

Last edited by Oldporsche; 02-20-2005 at 05:43 PM..
Old 02-20-2005, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)