View Single Post

Garage
Nice one Souk, Stephens a great bloke. very aproachable and very knowledgeable (did i spell that right?!) Rob, I read somewhere that the oil squirters acheived a reduction in head temp by 50deg. thats excellent. So what Im thinking is by using the cam line restrictor I would effectively be pushing a little bit more pressure to the bottom that I could put to good use by using the larger squirters for a slightly better cooling effect. after all everyone go's on about how the backbone of the whole turbo thing is removing heat from the combustion chamber/piston crown to avoid detonation. Im hoping that by moving a slightly larger volume of oil over the underside of the piston I will reduce that head temp a little more. for what its worth, my squirters came out real easy with about half a dozen pulls with a slide hammer and a no10 wood screw (after drilling them out first)

im off to get some 993tt bits!

Andy

1980 SC soon to be big hp 3.3t powered 73RSR Replica (well, I'm keeping the engine but everything else is going )
Old 03-08-2005, 10:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)