View Single Post

Noah,
Thanks for the reply.

The chip is stock. I usually run the 91 oct fuel available in CA.

Would you still suggest a Steve Wong chip?

The plugs on the lean cylinders, if I remember correctly, look a bit whiteish compared to the others but I need to double check that. I'm just worried that the injectors are not all matched after running for 17+ years and probably not being checked out.

I might just track the car for one or two DE events per year. When I do I usually short shift the car most of the time. The mechanics around here (San Jose CA) do acknoledge the small rod bolts but don't remember any engines breaking any.

I will probably go in the direction of leaving well enough alone on the p's and c's and not even pull them off the engine. This assumes I can change the head studs with them in. It sounds like it is ok to clean with alcohol and scrub pad, maybe I can do this and send out a picture or two.

I'm just hoping to get the engine back together not leaking and running smooth as it should be..

Is there a top 10 list of things people make mistakes on when rebuilding a 3.2 somewhere on the site? I plan to follow Wayne's book to the letter but it might be nice to have a key "hit" list. e.g.
- clean parts
- clean parts
- clean parts...esp. from oil pump to oil into bearings
- assembly sequence....heads and cam towers
- torques
- start up and run in processes
- don't leave off starter ring gear
- don't leave off clutch fork
- replace front and rear main seals, be sure to lube these
- use assembly lube...

Thanks for any input.

-Henry
89 Carrera - forest green
Old 03-11-2005, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)