View Single Post

Garage
Well, things are okay. I went through the plug wires and found #2 wasn't seated on the plug - pulled it off with a pinky finger, and the engine sound didn't change - so after I re-installed it, I went for a drive and the car now feels normal. No more hestitation, revs quicky/smoothly to redline, normal power is back - feels better than it did before the major service/valve adjust but that could be me imagining things.

I may have to redo the valve adjustment, though - one cylinder seems to be noisy, think it is on the left side (#1-3) so access will be easy. Perhaps it is #1 since I had so much trouble with that one the first time.

Tested the old plug wires and #5 was bad (infinite resistance). The others were all 2,600-3,000 ohms. The coil wire was almost zero reistance (<5 ohms), not sure if that is normal.

I've put the longest of the old plug wires and the old coil wire in the "emergency spares" part of the car's toolkit. Any reason to hang on to the other wires or their connectors? This sounds like a dumb question, but I am cheap enough that I'm always looking for a reason not to throw something away . . .
Old 03-13-2005, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)