View Single Post

Garage
The 964RS flywheel is a little lighter than the 3.2 flywheel at little extra cost.

Valve springs and Ti top retainers are in the budget as part of the top end rebuild.

Does anyone have any other feedback, opinions?

One UK engine builder (who is quoting to supply valve springs, retainers etc, but who is not my engine builder) is very sceptical about any cams coming out of the US after seeing some cams with different grinds left to right. He simply will not buy any from the US. Everyone on the board seems to think very highly of Dougherty Cams but being being on the other side of the Atlantic it is very hard, time consuming and expensive to get any parts exchanged or returned if there is any problem - believe me, I have gone thru this with seat mounts, suspension parts and brake parts and everytime I have taken a big shot in the wallet despite some very good vendors.

I am having some second thoughts and would welcome some affirmation from the many knowledgable heads on the board.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 03-29-2005, 11:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)