Thread: Rebuttal
View Single Post

Porsche Crest Rebuttal

For what its worth. I don't like beating up on customers no matter how deserving. Apparently I have no choice.

Bart paid for an installation of a adapter board to his DME. All went well and was shipped UPS back to him. He reported that it ran for a while and then failed when heated up. An insurance claim was made with UPS. UPS rejected it as a preexisting condition. It was shipped back to me.

I tested it. After 5 to 10 minutes, the ignition would stop and the noid light would stay light. The driver stage of the fuel ignition driver circuit is stuck on. This is a failure on the analog card which was not modified. Not the fault of the installation. Since Bart just threw it into a DHL box with no ESD packaging, it was probably damaged then.

I explained the problem was with his DME and not the installation. I offered Bart to install a new board and chip into his spare DME at no extra cost. Bart's response was he would not have my poor workmanship in his car. He would get someone competent to do it. He apparently did so after he was warned that this voided any warrantee.

Whoops..... Bart's expert just dropped out. He remembers you (Bart) erasing your post about the DME actually running the engine for a while. The DME you brought AFJuvat was DOA. Damaged it just to win an argument Bart?
Old 04-05-2005, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #1 (permalink)