Thread: Rebuttal
View Single Post

Garage
Re: Rebuttal

Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
Damaged it just to win an argument Bart?
Now that makes no sense at all. Not going to waste my time responding to your view of reality/

For several months before you disappeared off the board, I have been attempting to have you replace the defective chip or board which you sold me. As you know, we have tested the chip set on two verified DME’s and it does not function. I have spent some serious money on my 83’ 944 and am not some wet-behind the ears kid trying to scam you… but you know that already.

Beginning of letter sent to Floyd on 2/9/05:

Both xxxx, (xxxxx on the Pelican Board) from xxxxxxxxxxxx, Fl., & I have been trying to contact you for some time now concerning the Power Prom chip & upgrade for my ’83 944 which I purchased from you a month or so ago.

As a reminder, I sent my working DME to you to install the PowerProm2 into, along with a bank draft for $470. A month later, I received back the “chipped” DME only to find it did not work. After discussion, I sent the unit back to you. In the meantime, I purchased a second DME for $75 to keep the car running while we resolved the issue.

As you know, we had a disagreement as to the nature of the problem and the proper resolution. Unable to come to a successful compromise, you returned the DME & chip to me.

Since you claimed that it definitely was a defective DME, I ordered a third DME from Russell Roulette ($155), had it shipped directly to xxxxxxxx via DHL, and paid xxxxx a small amount to check the DME out. He verified the new DME worked and installed your chip/upgrade into it. At that point, I drove 3 hours to his shop, where he then installed the DME into my 944. It still does not function.

Logically, we can determine that the problem was not in the shipping, not in the two DMEs used and not in the workmanship by me or xxxxx. The problem is very much in the chip/upgrade itself or in your installation of the chipsets.

I contracted with you for a working chip set, upgrade and your labor to complete the upgrade. I paid you on a timely basis & you accepted the contract when you cashed the check. You have not held up your share of the agreement. You are contractually obligated to complete the transaction.

I personally feel that you owe me a new chip set/upgrade and reimbursement for the 2 extra DMAs I had to purchase. Short of that you should ship a new, tested, chip set & upgrade directly to xxxxx and refund me your labor charges while also reimbursing xxxxx for his time & labor.

To date I have spent over $700 and still have not achieved my objective. Had you been more reasonable earlier, and corrected the problem, you would have saved both of us time and money. I am still out a great deal of money, but at least I would finally have what I paid for and you are only out your labor charges. “
End of letter

Last edited by btsave; 04-06-2005 at 12:41 AM..
Old 04-06-2005, 12:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #2 (permalink)