View Single Post

I wish we could read the entire article, it looks interesting. Every once in a while there's an article critical of the increasing number of inexpensive 944's out there and the illusion of prestige motoring at an affordable price. I'm one of the people looking for a 944 right now. I can count many reasons for wanting one, but whether its a "true Porsche" or whether or not there are Audi/VW parts in it or not doesn't number among them. 0-60 times and maintenance costs isn't really a factor either. There are also plenty of MR-2's and whatever else out there, anyway.

I remember reading a "Classic and Thouroughbred Sportscar" article about ten years ago when I had a few MGs detailing the virtues and pitfalls of the 944. At the time I didn't give them much thought. I assumed they were heavy on maintenance and less than stellar performers to boot. Once I became more familiar with them they really came to seem like the technologically and cost sensitive mass produced, serious sports car that they are.

Anyway, post alink if you can, I'd like to give it a closer glance.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)