View Single Post

Tim,
The person that started this thread I think was the person that had a noticable issue. My car didn't have any type of cam system failure just a intake guide that got a mile wide for some reason. So while fixing that I'm going over other parts of the engine. As mentioned before I'm taking a harder look at the idler/tensioner system for the cam chains.

I don't like the look of the bushings so I'm now going to replace them. Just today I got bushing stock from my machinist and will make new bushings and he will let me use his Sunnen hone machine to hone to size/etc.

I was just reminded that "they" don't sell just the arm bushings.

So I'm in good shape now assuming I can get the bush material sized for pressing in and ready on the ID for honing. I'll probably aim for 1/3 of the way up from the bottom on the spec. in Waynes book for the clearance during honing.

Here are a couple of pictures. One of bushing and one of a mark on top of a tensioner.

After talking to my machinist it is now the plan to make and place spacers for the arm to limit fore and aft travel to some extent....not the current allowed +/-0.060 inch.

-Henry

Old 04-08-2005, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)