View Single Post

fuel

Strath, the fuel lines are expensive (over a couple of hundred at least if i remember) but i was quoted over 60 quid secondhand - the problem is apparently the suspension has to be dropped to fully replace which is time consuming and so expensive.My s2 cab has slightly rusted fuel lines at the rear which i had checked out last november - they turned out to be ok and were waxoyled to protect.The garage that checked mine out reckoned that they could however replace sections of pipe if need be.I've had this happen before on my 924 - in the same place - however i replaced the section (just at the rear of the floorpan) with hydraulic hose.It is very dangerous when they leak due to the closeness of the exhaust - my 924 emptied very, very quickly at a set of lights and left me stranded - stroke of luck it never ignited!A common problem with these motors, i've also had brake pipes rust through as well.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)