View Single Post

Already unmarried, but thats what allowed me to finally get started on my lingering project.

But to return to the subject of my 930, I have the result of my intake flow tests.

I took one before measurement and have calculated a flow improvement of almost 40%. That makes sense since the new ports are about 45% larger than the old ones.

My current calculated flows of >255 CFM @ 25" vacuum and 0.45" valve lift are also very respectable.

Compared to other numbers I have seen thats about as good as it gets for heads using 49mm intake valves.

The CFM numbers may vary depending on the equipment used and what is used to guide the flow into the port but the main purpose of this whole experiment was to determine that all the head flows were evenly matched.

I am happy to report that all the heads except one are within 1% of each other, and one is only off about 1.5% off from the rest.

I will be looking to see what is different about my oddball so I can try to correct it.

As usual I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Last edited by 350HP930; 04-12-2005 at 08:55 PM..
Old 04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)