View Single Post

HELP! I'm frustrated

I have a problem with my 930. I rebuilt the top end of the engine and reinstalled it in the car.

Although it turned over freely before I put it in it seemed to be frozen solid when I went to start it.

I figured that the clutch pressure plate bolts that I replaced were too long and were preventing the flywheel from turning. So I dropped the engine again and replaced the bolts. (they were 5mm too long)

It now turned over easily by hand when mated to the transmission so I reinstalled it. The starter turned the engine over easily in the vehicle. But I had missed the clutch fork in the throw out bearing so I dropped the engine again and reinstalled the transmission, this time with the fork under the TOB.

While it was out I rechecked the cam timing and the distributer alignment and the re-installed the engine and transmission in the vehicle.

Now the engine once again seems to be frozen solid and will not turn over on the starter WTF?

Before I drop the engine for a third time I would like to get some input on what could be going on here.... so HELP!!!!
1998 Porsche Boxter
1988 Porsche 930 Targa (sold)
Old 04-25-2005, 01:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)