View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Porschekid962 Send a message via Yahoo to Porschekid962
one off itb's, henry, steve, anyone?

while I am on break from school I thought what the heck, I will finally design my own set of ITB's. Looking at many pictures, Steve's setup in particular I have come up with a few questions for everyone. Steve I dont want to sound like im dropping the ball but does your ITB setup use the Jenvey TB's? I thought about using them because they are a precision piece, already made, nothing to worry about, plus if I make a couple different lengths of trumpets and manifolds I can tailor the engine very nicely.

So here is my thought, I know my engine will be more rev happy than torque happy, if that is the case wouldnt I want to position my tb's higher up on the intakes than normal? The car will be used mainly as a street fun toy/track car so top end power takes presedence over streetability. I have envisioned one long trumpet from the head to the filter with the TB placed somewhere near the top. I have a HAAS cnc machine at school with unlimited access so fabrication is not a problem. (my friend runs all the machine labs at school). So if you can envision a trumpet about 8-10 inches long with the throttle plate/butterfly placed in the top third of the length with the injector directly below does anyone see a problem with this? I have already planned to run a throttle cable from the pedal right to the engine bay so making that work is not a big concern. With the cnc I can choose any length, taper, bore, butterfly placement that I please. What would all of you suggest?

Heck I can run injector placements wherever I want along with the throttle plate, could I not just adapt a set of weber or PMO butterflies to work with my system? At this point any and all suggestions are welcome, I am not scared by the time this will take.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)